Jbel Toubkal stands at 4167m with stunning views over the Atlas Mountains and as far south as the Sahara Desert.
Join us for a unique and amazing experience starting in the Berber village of Imlil, visiting fantastic waterfalls and heading high into the Atlas Mountains to climb the highest peak in North Africa. You will stay in refuges along the route to the summit before heading back to Marrakech for a celebratory meal at your hotel.
A good level of fitness is required for this trek. Although this is a short trek it is still challenging as it does involve altitude and difficult terrain. Anyone who leads a healthy lifestyle should be able to complete the challenge.
We’ll be with you every step of the way in your preparation for the Atlas Mountain Trek. In just a few simple steps you can be on your way to trekking the highest peak in North Africa.
1. Sign up today, with our trusted partners Expedition Wise Ltd who work with us to organise and run the Atlas Mountain trek. You will need to choose payment option A or B*
2. You will receive an email from Expedition Wise Ltd to let you know that your application has been successful.
3. We will send you regular updates with fundraising information, training guides etc.
4. We will hold an information evening for the Atlas Mountain Trek, giving you the opportunity to find out more, ask us any questions you may have and meet fellow trekkers.
5. Any fundraising support you need, we will be on hand to help.
6. 3-6 months before heading off on your Atlas Mountains Trek, Expedition Wise Ltd will send you a pre-departure pack which will include all the final information you need before you go.
7. Enjoy the trek!
*please note when choosing payment option B we ask you to commit to raising £550 in sponsorship to support our work.
Every year it costs over £5 million to provide the specialist care we offer to our in and out patients. Only 20% of this is funded through a contribution from Cornwall’s NHS Commissioners, in simple terms, the NHS contribution pays for 71 days of care each year. In a calendar year that’s only enough to get us to the 12th March. We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 32 shops.
£56 could pay for three hours of unrivalled specialist care from one of our nurses, helping patients who are terminally ill.
£37 could pay for one Lymphoedema appointment to ease swelling and symptoms for someone with cancer.
£23 could pay for an hour with our bereavement counsellor, supporting families through the loss of a loved one.