• Discover stunning views of the Himalayan mountains
• Visit the one of the New Seven Wonders of the World – The Taj Mahal
• Experience Tibetan life and visit local monasteries
• Trek through unspoilt landscapes & immerse yourself in astounding architecture
• Experience true Indian culture
• Celebrate your achievement in Dharamsala
Challenge Grade: Challenging – you’ll be walking for 5+ hours daily at altitude
Distance: Approx. 50km
Duration: 11 days
Our charity challenge begins in Dharamsala, where the Dalai Lama and the centre of the Tibetan Community are situated – the heart of the world’s highest mountain range.
We have time to spend in this fascinating town before we set off on foot to explore this stunning region. This special charity challenge incorporates India’s best sights and sounds. Our 5 day trek takes us through the Kingdom of Gaddi – a semi-nomadic race who spend months wandering the high passes with their cattle. With spectacular views of the Daula Dhar Mountain Range, our journey together takes us through rhododendron forests, passing through Hindu settlements and Buddhist Monasteries. This journey has everything we could ever wish for from a trip to India.
To end this most amazing of charity challenges, we have some free time to explore the incomparable Taj Mahal – one of the world’s greatest monuments to love ever built, and one of the new Seven Wonders of the World!