This world-renowned trek for Cornwall Hospice Care takes you from Lukla through the world’s highest mountain range and encompasses the most breathtaking scenery you can imagine.
You haven’t seen mountains until you’ve seen the Nepalese Himalayas! Eight of the world’s fourteen highest peaks are found in this region and we can assure you the memories of this challenge will last a lifetime.
This specially designed itinerary, delivered by our partners Global Adventure Challenges will maximise your chance of success and the trekking is taken at a measured pace in order for you to acclimatise sufficiently. You will experience amazing, motivational and securing support from our local guides – their crew are simply the best around incorporating traditional Sherpas who are from the Everest region. Their generous and loving support will motivate you to push on to reach and achieve your goal.
Words cannot describe the true feelings you will experience on this challenge; the sights of Buddhism and Hinduism surround you – a truly spiritual and humbling experience for all.
This challenge has been graded as Extreme (3) on Discover Adventure’s challenge grading scheme meaning the trek has been designed to be challenging but achievable as long as you train beforehand. You will be trekking for 12 consecutive days, in very high altitude and in varied temperatures, a good cardiovascular fitness is required – the fitter you are the more you will enjoy the challenge! You will be provided with a full training guide once you register.
We’ll be with you every step of the way in your preparation for your Everest Base Camp Trek. In just a few simple steps you can be on your way to trekking one of the natural wonders of the world.
1. Sign up today, with our trusted partners Discover Adventure who work with us to organise and run the Everest Base Camp Trek. You will need to choose payment option A or B*.
2. Discover Adventure will confirm your booking and manage this part of your trek on our behalf. They will also confirm your booking with us.
3. We will send you regular updates with fundraising information, training guides etc.
4. We will hold an information/meet and greet evening for the Everest Base Camp Trek, giving you the opportunity to find out more, ask us any questions you may have and meet fellow trekkers.
5. Any fundraising support you need, we will be on hand to help.
6. Enjoy the trek!
*please note when choosing payment option B there is no requirement for you to raise any sponsorship, however we would be delighted if you did – just £20 will fund an hour of nursing care, how many hours can you fund?
We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 31 shops.
£60 could pay for three hours of unrivalled specialist care from one of our nurses, helping patients who are terminally ill.
£37 could pay for one Lymphoedema appointment to ease swelling and symptoms for someone with cancer.
£23 could pay for an hour with our bereavement counsellor, supporting families through the loss of a loved one.