The Grand Canyon Trek is an exceptional charity challenge experience, to one of the best natural wonders of the world.
Your spectacular Grand Canyon Trek starts in Sedona Canyons with an acclimatisation trek in Red Rock State Park. The next day sees you trekking down into the Grand Canyon from Hualapai Hilltop into the Haversupai region of the Canyon passing amazing waterfalls, red stone canyon walls and travertine formed steams. Your basecamp is near to the awe inspiring famous Haversu Falls. In the Canyon, you will have two days trekking along, through and down into its depths using streams, rock beds, chains and ladders down waterfalls, and even swimming to reach the base of the Canyon. You can even trek up to the Esplanade with a bird’s eye view of the Canyon and its multiple levels. Your challenge finishes in Las Vegas via the historic Route 66.
A good level of fitness is required for this trek. Although this is not a difficult trek it is still challenging as there are some steep sections and exposed overlooks on various trails. Anyone who leads a healthy lifestyle should be able to complete the challenge.
We’ll be with you every step of the way in your preparation for your Grand Canyon Trek. In just a few simple steps you can be on your way to trekking one of the natural wonders of the world.
1. Sign up today, with our trusted partners Expedition Wise Ltd who work with us to organise and run the Grand Canyon Trek. You will need to choose payment option A or B*
2. You will receive an email from Expedition Wise Ltd to let you know that your application has been successful.
3. We will send you regular updates with fundraising information, training guides etc.
4. We will hold an information evening for the Grand Canyon Trek, giving you the opportunity to find out more, ask us any questions you may have and meet fellow trekkers.
5. Any fundraising support you need, we will be on hand to help.
6. 3-6 months before heading off on your Grand Canyon Trek, Expedition Wise Ltd will send you a pre-departure pack which will include all the final information you need before you go.
7. Enjoy the trek!
*please note when choosing payment option B we ask you to commit to raising £1,000 in sponsorship to support our work.
Every year it costs over £5 million to provide the specialist care we offer to our in and out patients. Only 20% of this is funded through a contribution from Cornwall’s NHS Commissioners, in simple terms, the NHS contribution pays for 71 days of care each year. In a calendar year that’s only enough to get us to the 12th March. We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 32 shops.
£56 could pay for three hours of unrivalled specialist care from one of our nurses, helping patients who are terminally ill.
£37 could pay for one Lymphoedema appointment to ease swelling and symptoms for someone with cancer.
£23 could pay for an hour with our bereavement counsellor, supporting families through the loss of a loved one.