“You have not lived if you have not been to the Great Wall”, or so the Chinese saying goes, and its not surprising why! The Great Wall of China has been voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Stretching for 6,000km, it zig zags its way across China, snaking across mountains and through valleys.
One of the best charity treks. the Great Wall of China trek takes you through the mountains, over watch towers, historic battlement stations that are well off the tourist trail. The Great Wall provides a fantastic backdrop to some fantastic trekking.
The most amazing of fundraising events also enables us to ‘lend a hand’ by repairing a section of the Wall that is currently being reconstructed. All trekkers will place a brick in the newly restored section of the wall, ensuring our own place in the Great Wall of China.
A good level of fitness is required for this trek and training is advised. Trekking on the Great Wall of China is hard due to the amount of steps each day – it can sometimes take an hour just to trek 1km!
We’ll be with you every step of the way in your preparation for the Great Wall of China Trek. In just a few simple steps you can be part of this once in a lifetime trek!
1. Sign up today, with our trusted partners Global Adventure Challenges who work with us to organise and run the Atlas Mountain trek. You will need to choose payment option A or B*
2. You will receive an email from Global Adventure Challenges to let you know that your application has been successful.
3. We will send you regular updates with fundraising information, training guides etc.
4. We will hold an information evening for the Great Wall of China Trek, giving you the opportunity to find out more, ask us any questions you may have and meet fellow trekkers.
5. Any fundraising support you need, we will be on hand to help.
6. 3-6 months before heading off on your Great Wall of China Trek, Global Adventure Challenges will send you a pre-departure pack which will include all the final information you need before you go.
7. Enjoy the trek!
Every year it costs over £5 million to provide the specialist care we offer to our in and out patients. Only 20% of this is funded through a contribution from Cornwall’s NHS Commissioners, in simple terms, the NHS contribution pays for 71 days of care each year. In a calendar year that’s only enough to get us to the 12th March. We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 32 shops.
£56 could pay for three hours of unrivalled specialist care from one of our nurses, helping patients who are terminally ill.
£37 could pay for one Lymphoedema appointment to ease swelling and symptoms for someone with cancer.
£23 could pay for an hour with our bereavement counsellor, supporting families through the loss of a loved one.