Do you fancy joining the thousands of people taking part in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 and raise money for Cornwall Hospice Care?
You can apply to be part of Team CHC for 2019 by completing our Golden Bond entry form.
We will allocate our Golden Bond places and announce in October when the ballot places are also announced. Successful applicants will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit of £100 to secure their place and raise a minimum sponsorship of £1,800.
A good level of fitness is required to finish the Virgin Money London Marathon but whatever your ability, with training you can achieve your goal and complete the London Marathon.
We will be with you every step of the way in your preparation for the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019. In just a few simple steps, you will be on your way to being part of something special.
- If you have been successful in securing a place for the London Marathon 2019 with Cornwall Hospice Care, we will contact you at the beginning of October.
- You can secure your place in this event by paying a £100 registration fee.
- You will be sent an email to create a log in to the Virgin Money London Marathon portal where you will be sent information and updates from the events team.
- We will be holding a London Marathon information evening, giving you the opportunity to meet fellow runners and asking any questions in the lead up to the event.
- We will be on hand to help you with your training for the London Marathon and will organise training runs.
- Final information packs will be sent to you by London Marathon Events, providing you with all you need to know for race day.
- Finally, enjoy the race.
Every year it costs over £5 million to provide the specialist care we offer to our in and out patients. Only 20% of this is funded through a contribution from Cornwall’s NHS Commissioners, in simple terms, the NHS contribution pays for 71 days of care each year. In a calendar year that’s only enough to get us to the 12th March. We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 32 shops.