Applications for our Golden Bond places are now closed but if you would like to fundraise for Cornwall Hospice Care please email Oliver Hoare. As part of Team CHC you will receive a running vest and our fundraising team are on hand to offer support and guidance for fundraising your efforts.
A good level of fitness is required to finish the Virgin Money London Marathon but whatever your ability, with training you can achieve your goal and complete the London Marathon.
We will be with you every step of the way in your preparation for the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019. In just a few simple steps, you will be on your way to being part of something special.
- If you have been successful in securing a place for the London Marathon 2019 with Cornwall Hospice Care, we will contact you at the end of October.
- You will secure your place in this event by paying a £100 registration fee.
- You will be sent an email to create a log in to the Virgin Money London Marathon portal where you will be sent information and updates from the events team.
- We will be holding a London Marathon information evening, giving you the opportunity to meet fellow runners and asking any questions in the lead up to the event.
- We will be on hand to help you with your training for the London Marathon and will organise training runs.
- Final information packs will be sent to you by London Marathon Events, providing you with all you need to know for race day.
- Finally, enjoy the race.
We held our Tech Evening for all our runners on 4th February 2019.
You can download the slides/information from the evening HERE.
London Marathon Info Evening Presention – Feb 2019
Our group tapering run is scheduled for Saturday 13th April at 10am and we would love for as many of our runners as possible to come and join us. Meet at The Borough Arms, Bodmin, PL31 2RD.
Every year it costs over £5 million to provide the specialist care we offer to our in and out patients. Only 20% of this is funded through a contribution from Cornwall’s NHS Commissioners, in simple terms, the NHS contribution pays for 71 days of care each year. In a calendar year that’s only enough to get us to the 12th March. We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 32 shops.