We will be with you every step of the way in your preparation for the Virgin Money London Marathon 2022. In just a few simple steps, you could be on your way to being part of something epic.
- If you have been successful in securing a place for the London Marathon 2022 with Cornwall Hospice Care, we will contact you in May 2021.
- To secure your place in this event you must pay the £100 registration fee within 5 working days of your offer of a place.
- You will be sent an email to create a log in to the Virgin Money London Marathon portal where you will be sent information and updates from the events team.
- You will receive our Cornwall Hospice Care London Marathon Event pack and running vest.
- You will be invited to join our exclusive London Marathon Runners #TeamCHC Strava Club.
- If you’re a Facebook user, successful applicants will be invited to join our closed Facebook group, where you can introduce yourself, meet fellow runners, share training tips or worries, fundraising events etc. We’ll also post useful information and updates in the group.
- You will be invited to a Meet and Greet event to meet your fellow runners. There will also be Tech Evenings to help with the big day.
- We will be on hand to help you with your training for the London Marathon.
- Final information packs will be sent to you by London Marathon Events, providing you with all you need to know for race day.
- Finally, enjoy the race and give us a wave! On race day in London, we usually have a presence at one of the Hospice UK cheer points along the route.
Terry was cared for at Mount Edgcumbe Hospice during lockdown, and during this time, he talked to us about what had happened to him, and what being cared for at the hospice meant to him.
His sheer relief at the peace and comfort he found there meant he was concerned for others in the same position as him, knowing the impact the coronavirus pandemic was having on charities. When he knew that hospices beds were at risk of closing, Terry wanted to help.
Sadly Terry recently passed away, but the compassion he felt for others lives on. You can help keep Terry’s bed open by joining #TeamCHC.