Machu Picchu is the most famous and popular Inca archaeological ruin in the world with over 1.2 million people visiting every year.
The trek begins in Cusco exploring the Qorincancha Sun Temple and the Sacred Valley before heading off to the Lares Valley, trekking to Machu Picchu.
You will spend 2 nights on the trail under canvas and days will be spent trekking over high passes to reach the famous World Heritage Site via the Sun Gate. You will trek parts of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and have the opportunity to experience this incredible site at different times of day, one of which being at sunrise.
The Machu Picchu Trek is an amazing once in a lifetime bucket list challenge and one not to be missed!
A good level of fitness is required for this trek and training is advised. The Machu Picchu Trek takes you up and down passes of uneven terrain and is made harder across passes due to the altitude.
We will be with you every step of the way in your preparation for the Machu Picchu Trek. In just a few simple steps you can be part of this once in a lifetime trek!
- Sign up today, with our trusted partners Expedition Wise Ltd who work with us to organise and run the Machu Picchu Trek. You will need to choose payment option A or B*
- You will receive an email from Expedition Wise Ltd to let you know that your application has been successful.
- We will send you regular updates with fundraising information, training guides etc.
- We will hold an information evening for the Machu Picchu Trek, giving you the opportunity to find out more, ask us any questions you may have and meet fellow trekkers.
- Any fundraising support you need, we will be on hand to help.
- 3 – 6 months before heading off on your Machu Picchu Trek, Expedition Wise will send you a pre-departure pack which will include all the final information before you go.
- Enjoy the trek!
*Please note when choosing payment option B we ask you to commit to raising £1,085 in sponsorship to support our work.
Every year it costs over £5 million to provide the specialist care we offer to our in and out patients. Only 20% of this is funded through a contribution from Cornwall’s NHS Commissioners, in simple terms, the NHS contribution pays for 71 days of care each year. In a calendar year that’s only enough to get us to the 12th March. We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 32 shops.
£56 could pay for three hours of unrivalled specialist care from one of our nurses, helping patients who are terminally ill.
£37 could pay for one Lymphoedema appointment to ease swelling and symptoms for someone with cancer.
£23 could pay for an hour with our bereavement counsellor, supporting families through the loss of a loved one.