The Santa Series 2018 for Cornwall Hospice Care is back for another season of festive themed fun.
Join us and our title sponsor, Ann’s Cottage Surf Shops, on Sunday 16th December for the exciting Santa Fun through the streets of Helston choosing between either the shorter or longer routes.
Starting at 2pm, with a festive warm up just before at 1.45pm, you’ll take in the streets of Helston dressed in your free Santa suit before joining us at the finish for a mince pie where we’ll also present you with your finisher’s medal.
Sign up today and kick off Christmas with a cracker, whilst supporting your local adult hospices and all that we do for those with terminal illness across Cornwall.
Your entry fee covers the cost of putting on this event and we ask that all runners please raise just £20 in sponsorship, which will on average, fund an hour of nursing care in our hospices, thank you.
Online entries close at midnight on Tuesday 11th December.
We will be taking entries for the Santa Run on the day – registration will open at 12.30pm. You will be picking up your Santa Suits on the day. All at Helston Bowling Club, The Monument Coinagehall Street, Helston TR13 8ER.
Come prepared to decorate your suits with lights, tinsel, deely-boppers and be entered into the prize for the best dressed. Also there will be prizes for best dressed dogs and buggies.
This exciting, festive 1.5km and 3km (approximate) event is a perfect distance and fun for all the family.
We will be with you every step of the way from registration to the finish line. In just a few simple Santa steps you will be on your way to being part of team CHC Santa.
- Sign up today using the easy registration form.
- You will receive a notification letting you know that your registration was successful.
- An online fundraising page through Everyday Hero will be set up for you – a link will be in your confirmation email.
- Share your page with you friends and family.
- Like our Facebook page for the event here.
- You will receive regular event updates and a final race day update with all you need to know to take part in the Helston Santa Run.
- Any fundraising support you need, we will be on hand to help.
- Your Santa suit will be available on the day. You can collect your Santa suit in the run up to the Helston Santa Run – collection information will be sent in run up to event.
- Finally, enjoy the run!
Every year it costs over £5 million to provide the specialist care we offer to our in and out patients. Only 20% of this is funded through a contribution from Cornwall’s NHS Commissioners, in simple terms, the NHS contribution pays for 71 days of care each year. In a calendar year that’s only enough to get us to the 12th March. We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 32 shops.
£56 could pay for three hours of unrivalled specialist care from one of our nurses, helping patients who are terminally ill.
£37 could pay for one Lymphoedema appointment to ease swelling and symptoms for someone with cancer.
£23 could pay for an hour with our bereavement counsellor, supporting families through the loss of a loved one.