Applications for our Golden Bond places for the 2020 London Marathon are now closed!
Applications closed on 30th September 2019. After this all applications are considered by our panel whose members are drawn from different roles and areas across our charity. Once the panel has met and looked at all applications, all applicants will be notified.
We aim to contact everyone by the end of October 2019, shortly after London Marathon notify those who have applied for a public ballot place.
If you are successful in becoming a #TeamCHC runner, you will receive a running vest and our fundraising team are on hand to offer support and guidance for fundraising your efforts.
A good level of fitness is required to finish the Virgin Money London Marathon but whatever your ability, with training you can achieve your goal and complete the London Marathon.
We will be with you every step of the way in your preparation for the Virgin Money London Marathon 2020. In just a few simple steps, you will be on your way to being part of something special.
- If you have been successful in securing a place for the London Marathon 2020 with Cornwall Hospice Care, we will contact you at the end of October.
- You will secure your place in this event by paying a £100 registration fee.
- You will be sent an email to create a log in to the Virgin Money London Marathon portal where you will be sent information and updates from the events team.
- You will be invited to a Meet and Greet event in November to meet your fellow runners. There will also be a Tech Evening in February for details about the big day.
- We will be on hand to help you with your training for the London Marathon and will organise training runs. The first will be in November, shortly after our places are announced and then another in April to help with tapering.
- Final information packs will be sent to you by London Marathon Events, providing you with all you need to know for race day.
- Finally, enjoy the race.
If you are a Facebook user, successful applicants will be invited to join a closed Facebook Group, where you can introduce yourselves, share training tips or worries, fundraising events, photos etc. We will also post useful information and updates in the group.
You will be invited to a Meet and Greet event in November and we host a Tech Evening for all our runners in February. We will also organise a group training run in November and a tapering run about 2 weeks before London Marathon day.
We would encourage as many of our runners as possible to join us for these events, so we can meet you properly and you can also get to know your other #TeamCHC runners.
On Race day in London, we usually have a presence at once of the Hospice UK cheer points along the route.
Every year it costs over £5.15 million to provide the specialist care we offer to our in and out patients. Only 19% of this is funded through a contribution from Cornwall’s NHS Commissioners, in simple terms, the NHS contribution pays for 69 days of care each year. In a calendar year that’s only enough to get us to the 10th March. We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 30+ shops.