Join us at the National Trust Trelissick for a unique evening of remembrance. Walk the 3 mile route with friends and family to celebrate the memory of a loved one. Every walker will receive a t-shirt and a candle bag which can be decorated in memory of the person you are walking for. Each candle bag will be lit at the event and will form part of a beautiful display. As the light of the day begins to fade, the route will be lit and there will be music performed by local artists for you to enjoy as you walk.
Register for our first Cornwall Hospice Care Memory Walk to receive your t-shirt and candle bag.
Your entry fee covers the cost of organising the event; it is your sponsorship money and donations that will make a real difference to the lives of people living in Cornwall with a terminal illness.
As a big thank you for the money you raise, any individual who raises £60 or more and a family team that raises £150 or more will be entered into a prize draw. Any money you raised will be hugely appreciated by us, the families and their loved ones that we care for.
If you have a target to aim for, there are a few of our costs listed below.
The Woodland Memory Walk is a family friendly event that is open to all ages. The walk is approximately 3 miles long and follows mixed terrain. Children and dogs are welcome to take part in the walk, but due to the nature of the route it is unsuitable for buggies and wheelchairs.
We will be with you every step of the way in the build up to the Woodland Memory Walk.
- Sign up today using our easy online sign up registration form.
- You will receive a notification letting you know that your registration was successful.
- Remember that your registration fee only covers the cost of the event, so don’t forget to activate the online fundraising page automatically created through Everyday Hero when you register– a separate email will be sent when you register with the link to activate.
- Personalise your online page with a photo and a little about your own story, then share your page with your friends and family.
- You will receive regular event updates and a final event information email with all you need to know to take part in the Woodland Memory Walk.
- Any fundraising support you need, we will be on hand to help.
- Your t-shirt and candle bag will be sent during August, to the address provided at point of registration.
- We look forward to seeing you at Trelissick on Saturday 15th September.
Every year it costs over £5 million to provide the specialist care we offer to our in and out patients. Only 20% of this is funded through a contribution from Cornwall’s NHS Commissioners, in simple terms, the NHS contribution pays for 71 days of care each year. In a calendar year that’s only enough to get us to the 12th March. We rely on the generosity of people like you in Cornwall who leave us legacies, support fundraising events, play our lottery and visit our 32 shops.
£56 could pay for three hours of unrivalled specialist care from one of our nurses, helping patients who are terminally ill.
£37 could pay for one Lymphoedema appointment to ease swelling and symptoms for someone with cancer.
£23 could pay for an hour with our bereavement counsellor, supporting families through the loss of a loved one.