We have exciting opportunities to join our Estates team at Cornwall Hospice Care as a Maintenance Technician.
The successful candidate should have practical building experience and be able to undertake a variety of maintenance tasks, shop fitting and minor projects. You should be comfortable undertaking basic plumbing, glazing, masonry, decoration, and minor electrical repairs.
Following completion of a probationary period, you’ll be required to participate in the out of hours on-call rota, for which you will receive additional pay.
You will be based at St. Julia’s Hospice in Hayle with work at all Cornwall Hospice Care sites and a company vehicle will be provided, therefore a driver’s licence will be required.
Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
In return we offer you the opportunity to join a team and organisation aspiring to deliver the highest possible quality care and support to our patients and their families.
Working for us
Our employees and volunteers are essential to the care we provide. In return, for joining a team of people having such a positive impact on others, we provide:
- A chance to make a real difference
- Supportive working environment
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 35 days including bank holidays, increasing to 37 days after 2 years service and 41 days after 10 years service (pro-rata for part time)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Non-contributory medical cash plan, with the option to include your family members
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- EarlyPay Scheme
Closing date: Monday 6th June 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early