We are always in need of good quality donations to sell in our shops. We collect furniture and other large donations throughout Cornwall from our furniture outlets, based in Penryn, St Austell and Wadebridge.
Items we collect
Examples of items we collect are:
- Sofas and armchairs – with fire labels
- Office furniture, tables, chairs and desks
- Electrical equipments e.g. TV’s and Hifi’
- White goods e.g.fridges, washing machines and tumble dryers
- Authentic DVD’s, CD’s, BluRays, and computer games
- Clothes and shoes in good condition
We offer a house clearance service.
Our teams offer two choices;
Total house clearances where the charity removes everything that isn’t attached to the property. We don’t handle gas appliances, carpets or plumbed in machines. We clear the house, garden sheds and garages – in fact we clear the whole property
Bespoke clearance where we just remove items we know we can sell to the benefit of the charity. (We will then help you find ways of removing any remaining items).
There may be a charge if we don’t make any money on the clearance – in other words if the good outweighs the bad there’s no cost, but if it’s the other way round, a charge will be made.
All items that we collect need to be in a saleable condition, so before donating please run through the following.
- Check there’s no damage or repair needed.
- Check all items are in a good condition, clean and working correctly.
- Check all upholstered furniture has the correct fire label attached and is stain free.
- Check your item isn’t one of the items we can’t sell.
What happens to the donated items?
All collected items are sold in our local shops or online to raise funds for Cornwall Hospice Care. Any items that cannot be sold, are either recycled or donated to other causes.