This Verification of Death training is suitable for Registered Healthcare Professionals and also for nominated Healthcare Support Workers from care homes providing end of life care, to be able to verify the expected death of a resident/patient. It is an evidence-based, clinical course to deliver the knowledge and competencies necessary to verify death.
Attendees to be:-
– a registered Healthcare Professional, or
– a nominated Healthcare Support Worker from a care home
The Verification of Death training session will cover:
– Knowledge and understanding of policy, procedure and legal framework
– Recognising contraindications and the role of the coroner
– Procedural differences between an expected and unexpected death
– Respecting the dignity, religious and cultural needs of the patient, carer and family
– Demonstrating the verification of death process through simulated practice
The training session counts as 3 hours towards Continuing Professional Development.
Course cost includes refreshments.